Sunday, April 17, 2011

A neat little scam

I walked to my car yesterday morning only to discover a ticket on it. We'd rushed back home Friday afternoon and I parked a little past the line on the frontage road close to home. It was a bit upsetting to get a $50 ticket for a couple feet. Still, my front bumper had edged out past the "No Parking From Here to Corner" sign and so I'd been duly nailed. What a stupid mistake!

I left the ticket in my car and headed off to get a baguette to have with the Fu'ul I'd made for breakfast. Yes, still obsessed with that dish. This morning, I was doing the same exact errand (it's been a fu'ulish weekend; I'll be here alllll night folks) and picked up the ticket. Then I looked at it. Really looked at it. The address seemed odd. Then I noticed it was a District of Columbia ticket. Hmm. I didn't think they ticketed in Alexandria! Although I do have Virginia plates, my car is a 2 door Ford, not a 4 door Honda. Naturally, the plates didn't match. Funny thing is that I did take note of the time of the ticket the day before, but missed the rest of it.

I'll give full credit to someone. They picked up a ticket Saturday night in the District. Noticing that my car was parked a little over the line, they put it on my windshield in hopes that I'd pay for their ticket. Well played!

They apparently think I'm stupid though. Is anyone going to mail a ticket for Virginia parking to the District?

BB

No comments:

Post a Comment